SUCCESS is managed on behalf of Thanet, Tendring and Hastings Councils by Hastings Borough Council.
Help with the SUCCESS application process
Guidance and information is provided on this site. Please read the FAQs, downloadable guidance, and downloadable Expression of Interest form and Full Application form templates. (Note that these templates are for information only – you should apply online from this site.)
If this doesn’t answer your query you can contact the SUCCESS team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help with business/investment planning for your application
For advice and support compiling your application form, business/investment plan, and other supporting information, please contact the support officer in your area:
Hastings: Cat Denning, Sector Development Officer: email@example.com
Thanet: Louise Askew, Economic Development Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tendring: Tom Gardiner, Regeneration Manager: email@example.com
General business advice
SUCCESS recommends that you seek business advice from experienced advisors, including finding a helpful and supportive accountant and other professional support.
You can contact local business support agencies, which offer various levels of advice and support for both new and established businesses. Some may have funding to offer free advice and support. Some are membership organisations.
- Lets Do Business Group: 0844 415 2272 www.letsdobusinessgroup.co.uk
- Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce www.hastingschamber.co.uk
- Thanet and East Kent Chamber of Commerce 01843 609289 www.tekc.co.uk
- Tendring Enterprise Agency: 01255 740 020 www.tendringenterprise.org.uk
- Invest Essex www.investessex.co.uk
You can get free advice online or by phone. The government’s business support helpline is a good place to start (0845 600 9006) www.gov.uk/business-support-helpline.
Manufacturing businesses (which can include creative businesses that make things) should contact the Manufacturing Advisory Service www.mymas.org
National / regional bodies:
- Federation of Small Businesses: www.fsb.org.uk
- Creative and Cultural Skills – skills development for you and your staff: www.ccskills.org.uk, or creative skillset for film/TV related skills: www.creativeskillset.org
- The Princes’ Trust can help people under 30 set up new businesses www.princes-trust.org.uk